Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Trying out new things...

I have found a website that offers a free course - all about being creative - and using mixed media - so I signed up!
Even though the course doesn't 'officially' start until January 7 - they gave us some early goodies to work on.....the first being an 'artist background paper' and then a second one to use this as part of a gift tag. Was supposed to be a 'holiday' tag, but Christmas is over, so I just went with what appealed to me - and I really liked how it turned out!

Here is the tag - in closed and open views..


The background of the tag is the music pattern paper that I painted over with gloss medium, giving it some texture and fading out the pattern. On top of that I stamped some designs - only have a couple of stamps, so I was pretty limited there. After the stamped images dried, I colored part of them in with Pearl-Ex pigments - in purple.

I folded the paper, added a decorative purple vellum paper piece, attached with tiny black brads, and on top of that I added a tiny little envelope out of other musical pattern paper. I found a little dragonfly that just needed to be part of the design, going across all the layers. The last item was a tiny square of paper with a tassel attached through an eyelet, that just fits inside the little envelope - on which the name of the 'gift person' would be written when I use it.

I love how it turned out....and think I'm going to enjoy venturing 'outside the box' during this class....and who knows where it will lead?

No comments: