Monday, November 9, 2009

Wow - since August??

Well, I know it's been a while - but that truly surprised me. But then, a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then....

I, in a word, got disenchanted - I had spread out my crafts among WAY too many venues - and for whatever reasons, none of them were doing anything much. A few people looked, some even commented - and it wasn't that I didn't like what I put out there - I love every single design. But...enough is enough!

I dumped them - all of them. Well - except for this blog and the website (with very little on it) that shares the name with the blog. Quit Etsy, Artfire, ByMe, Handmade....and those that I cannot even remember (you know you are stretched too thin when you can't remember them all). Took a bit of time to do that.

Then I did more thinking....why is it that I seem to be 'forever learning' - that I am a 'jack of all trades, but master of none?' I am just so fascinated by all the techniques and materials out there....I just want to try them all! I still do! So...what to do, what to do??

Should I just continue with trying out all the things I can (and I have a LOT of 'stuff' to experiment with) - or try and pick one and become very proficient at that. Do any of you have that problem? Am I the only one doing this? Lol! Maybe I am (please leave me a comment if you are....would be nice to know I'm not alone in this!)

So...for now...I'm picking an area - and then I'm revisiting what I've already done with it....and then try new things - to become more proficient...and explore other ways to use it!

So...I'm back....with camera in hand (need to build a light box) - so stay tuned for whatever it is that I decide to try first!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wondered what you were up to!! I think it is always a good thing to pull back and rest for a while when things get murky. You will find clarity in what to pursue. You are too talented to give it all up. Best to you!

BONNIE K said...

Well I have none of the talent that you do, so I have no business giving advice, other than to say I really enjoyed everything that you made.