Friday, January 16, 2009

Uh Oh....

The day arrived for my free class - called "Everyday Moodling" - kind of an intro to paper-scrapbooking-mixed media - type of projects from a site called "My Creative Classroom"
so I was pretty pumped about the upcoming project.

There was a series of four videos explaining the project - and after totally crashing my machine, then figuring out to use Quicktime instead of Windows Media Player - I watched all the videos, and immediately saw a couple of large problems - for me....

I don't scrapbook - I know I would probably like it, but it for certain could eat up a LOT of money in the doing - and other things interest me more - so I don't have supplies that one who does would have. The new project is to cover a photo box however we like, and then fill it with bases of cards for future use, using patterned scrapbook paper that we have lying around. Hmmm......

Problem one...I don't have a photo box. I checked them out at A.C. Moore - but at $10.99 there, that's not going to happen. I know I've seen them at Michaels for about $6.00 - but at this point in my budget, that's not going to happen either.

Problem two....I don't have ANY scrapbooking patterned paper lying around - I do have some cardstock in some colors...but no patterns. I cannot justify spending money buying some just to do this project.

So....what to do? Just skip the project? Nah....that's just not me. So, I'm gonna change it. I do have some 12" x 12" watercolor paper (really nice and heavy) - so I'm going to attempt to MAKE a box - one that would fit the two sets of blank cards that I DO have. Would have to section it off - the cards I have are two very different sizes. So...that done...now I actually have to make a template for that box, and then make it....

Stay tuned...you'll see it all as it unfolds..



No comments: