Friday, February 6, 2009

Been Awhile.....Now a First!

I know it's been quite a while since my last post - combination of truly frigid weather here, making my new studio equally frigid, and at times it's just too long to wait for it to warm up....that combined with this creative wall I've been trying to climb over...sigh...

But...then I came across a challenge - and it just seemed I needed to get in on it. I read this blog
and they put out this challenge....so I decided to participate. I went even further - I tried making my very first ATC, my first of most anything having to do with paper. For such a tiny piece of paper, it took me long enough to get anything on it - trouble with one of those minds that wants 'order' - and I was trying not to be 'orderly'. Did I succeed? You decide....

Here it is:

The reds here came out much darker than they are in reality - the large heart is actually red foil, covered over with some scraps of really lovely lacy white paper. Then I found a whole bag of buttons....and there were these tiny heart buttons... Last, I added my favorite word.....Love...

3 comments:

BONNIE K said...

I think it's very pretty. Good to see you back here!

Julie Allain said...

Oh Trish your atc is beautiful!!

Thanks for joining in with this weeks Arty Girlz challenge I hope you'll join in again

Julie x

Crissi Harvey said...

Wonderful ATC Trish i love the texture you created with the lace paper.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi XX