Monday, February 9, 2009

Mixin' It Up!

February has become the month I am playing around with paper - using it in all kinds of forms, in all kinds of ways....had some rather nice failures already - but that's ok - learning what works and what doesn't...

Today I played around with melting was in the Melting Pot - coloring it with Dollar Store crayons (that worked!), and then applying it to a card....got a lot to learn here - this was a failure. But....I learning a bit about the Melting Pot and beeswax!

Moving on....I keep going back to the perforated paper and miniature petit-point. I have all these truly cool variegated threads/floss/cotton - Watercolours by Caron - had them for years. So today, I combined that with some other things - punched paper, layering metal punching....and came up with a card I really like. Now I have to find a lovely saying for the inside to print on vellum....and I'll be set to give this to my sweetie!

Here 'tis:

The card itself is just cardstock that I cut in half - the heart-shaped doily is from the grocery store (!), I cut the dark pink square from a wonderful book of huge paint samples that my brother in law gave me...what a find they are! I then punched out the heart shape, cut the perforated paper to fit behind it...colored it with my Prismacolor markers and did my petit-point with a variegated pink/blue/gold thread. When I put the layers together, I used sticky dots to raise the heart-cut-out above the petit-point. Then I punched out some cool little hearts from metal and glued them on in random spots on the dark pink. I'm quite happy with the result! What do you think?






No comments: