Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Warm and Cool...

After making the pretty crystal earrings for the "Dream" challenge, I decided to try another version of the same design. This time I used all 'cool' colors....starting with a dark blue, then crystal AB, sapphire blue, crystal AB again, and finishing up with purple velvet - and my, I do like that look! Of course I immediately thought of doing it yet again with warm colors - reds and yellows and coppers....stay tuned on that thought!

Here are the 'Cool Crystal' earrings:


If anyone is so inclined to purchase this pair of earrings - the price is $20.00 plus shipping - Send me an email at trysh *at* gmail *dot* com. I'll send you a Paypal invoice and once payment is received, I'll send them right out!






Last weekend I did get to a bead store (dangerous place for me....with wanting to get 'one of everything'!) - looking for more pastel freshwater pearls - which I didn't find, but did find some tiny iridescent dark blue pearl chips....and some pretty Mother of Pearl round disc beads. They reminded me of tiny suns....and today I played around with them and the copper wire. Got the earrings done, and am playing with the same components to make a choker necklace. Bit of sunshine for the now 'nice' warm weather!

Here they are:


Hmmm.....the photo doesn't do the beads justice - they are more 'goldy' color and the iridescent qualities don't come through at all....have to play with my photo editing and see if I can improve the picture. I really like all the different shapes of the copper in these...each shape has its own shade of copper color, subtle but pleasing!

If anyone is so inclined to purchase this pair of earrings - the price is $15.00 plus shipping - Send me an email at trysh *at* gmail *dot* com. I'll send you a Paypal invoice and once payment is received, I'll send them right out!

More to come.....stay tuned!




No comments: