Friday, May 29, 2009

Now for the other earrings...

Stealing another moment, just because I wanted to share my other wire-wrapping technique with y'all. The earrings started out as an experiment - and I really like how they turned out.

I have been wanting to try mixing metals for some time now, and it is a big trend in jewelry right now - the look is different and fresh, and gives a whole new flavor to designs! I basically just wove a thinner silver-color wire over and under around a thicker copper wire shape. They actually shaped themselves as I wrapped, which I thought was way cool. It was much easier than I thought it was going to be - and opened up a whole new world of possibilities! Look for more of these experiments in the very near future!!

Here are the earrings:



So...that's it! I would love to hear what you think of them.....



2 comments:

BONNIE K said...

I like these very much!

Birdie said...

I like the two tone and the sparkly sandstone looking thingy whatever they're called!