Monday, May 4, 2009

Enough already!

Beginning to think that I should never have mentioned the word 'tutorial' - for it seems that things are conspiring against me! Last Friday I was trying to upload a picture to my iCraft account and suddenly.....my computer just shut off. No warning, no nothing....

I thought "How odd" - and pushed the button to re-start it....and got this really ominous message from the computer (kinda scary that it talked to me!) - 'system failure....system failure...system failure' What truly ugly words. No matter what I tried ( in my limited knowledge of hardware) - I got nada. No computer at all...disaster!

Off we went to the computer guru's store....turned it in with a list of the incomprehensible error messages I got - and paid extra to get same day service.... Of course, Friday is the evening when our church plays softball - and as I am the resident score-keeper and my hubby is the 'reporter-extraordinaire' - we had to head out to the game around 5 pm. No call...

The call came in to my cell at 8:08 pm (the store closed at 8 pm) - telling me that the computer was ready. sigh... had to wait til Saturday morning... and we were there the minute the store opened! Not too anxious...lol! Picked up the computer - paid the bill (which included a re-install of the OS - and all my programs and most of my data....GONE...)
and took it home. You can imagine how I felt when I booted it up, and got the 'blue screen of death'....and more terrible error messages. Not good. Took the computer back...just a tad upset...and not gonna pay again...this time they said my other two drives (yes, I had three hard drives) had failed. Hm.....why did they not test this out in the first place?

Took it home again...and voila! It's back - but now I don't trust it at all....kinda like living waiting for the other shoe to drop....so...new computer in the works (good thing I have a son who can build it for me!). I then spent the last few days putting back all the programs, re-connecting to all the internet sites, website hosts....amazing how much stuff I used everry day and never noticed til they were gone...

Now...back to sorta normal....and going to do that tutorial! Meantime you can check out the sets of cards I just posted to my iCraft site....see what they look like....stay tuned....tutorial coming up!





1 comment:

BONNIE K said...

That is a shame. We rely too much on these machines.